Monday, December 29, 2014

14 Best Books of 2014

Hey Fantabulous Readers!
It's that time of year again where we count down the best books of 2014. I'm choosing these books out of the 77 books I read this year, not just from the ones that were released, but here we go!
P.S. These decisions were really really REALLY hard to make, so I just went with my gut for most of these. I've reviewed most of these and if you wanna read the review all you have to do is click the title!

14. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout


13. I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


12. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson


11. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner


9. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

I don't think this book is so high up because of its content perse, but more so because of the memories associated with it. I had borrowed this book from my friend and somehow our entire class read it and my other friend and I began acting out the book. It was pretty awesome. 


8. A Tragic Heart by S. Elle Cameron

The roller coaster of emotions that this book made me feel is what catapulted it up to the top. This is no classification for this book, it's sad, it's happy, it's really really good. If you do pick it up (which you definitely should), be prepared with a box of tissues. 


7. Swimming Through Clouds by Rajdeep Paulus

I met Rajdeep at the YA Book Fest in Pennsylvania and I got the opportunity to review her book, which was amazing! I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good contemporary. 


6. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey


5. Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout


4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins


3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Review to be posted.
I just finished this book a couple of days ago and it was honestly amazing. I'm so glad I decided to join this fandom.

2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

I know at this point most of you are like *gasp* why isn't it first!? And my reasoning for it being second is because I haven't been with this series for all that long, so while this book was amazing, I read it after it was released and... I'm not sure where I'm going with this. 


1. Undivided by Neal Shushterman

This book is an incredible end to an incredible series. I've been looking forward to reading this for a whole year and it's anticipation and beautiful ending is why it is probably the best book I've read all year.


What were some of your favorites of the year? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment