Friday, October 17, 2014

I Am Number Four | Pittacus Lore


In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. 



The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth

The concept of this book was fantastic. It's been quite a while since I've read a sci-fi book and this went beyond my expectations. The concept of alien, seemingly overdone and cliché had such a cool twist in this book. 

I will admit, I really didn't enjoy the characters all that much. If I had anything I disliked in this book, it would be the characters. I didn't enjoy Four at all. He was extremely whiny and lovestruck, which wasn't at all attractive. Also, the romance in this book, unlike most books, wasn't cute, it was more 




And for some reason I have a really uneasy feeling about Sarah, Four's love interest. I felt like she was really flat as a character, placed there to play the role as the "pretty girlfriend" and I hope she gets better throughout the series. 

Henri, Mark and Sam were my favorite characters, mostly because they were the only ones who really had personalities.

There's so many questions I still have unanswered. I'm really excited to continue the series but I really hope that the characters get more interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment